Create E-portfolio using about.me
About.me is a free resource that you can choose if you prefer a simplified version frontpage to advertise yourself. Some of the features that you can look forward to in about.me include:
- Links to your social media. (Twitter, facebook, instagram)
- A customised email signature
- 3 different clean templates to select from.
- Spotlight feature: this is for you to select an area where the user can click and navigate to.
To begin using about.me, do the following:
- Think of a platform you wish to display any your reflections, writings and photos. For example, you may choose to place your reflection writings on a site such as weebly, wordpress or even pathbrite.
- Set up your information following the step by step instructions on about.me. these information include your name, interest and many other stuff.
- Set up a catchy introduction to tell your audience about yourself.
- Select an artistic picture or a professional image. This image speaks a lot of volume, so do spend some time and effort on presenting yourself well. Follow this link on how you can make a professional image by yourself. (courtesy of diyphotography)
- Set a spotlight for users to click to when they are in your page. For example, it can be a website you created or simply “hire me”. Choose from the different options available.
- Optional: if you wish to include social media platforms, please be mindful of what you wish to share with your future employer.